Monday 14 February 2011

End of week 6 Results

End of week 4 results

Here are the results from this mornings weigh in!

Weight 91.4 kg a loss of 2.3 kg or 5.1 lbs

Blood sugar level 5.4 which is down 1.6 from last week.
 
After the bitter disappointment of last weeks gains, the contrast to this week has been huge. But before I discuss the weigh in results, I thought I would tell you how my check up at the hospital went. They measured my weight at around about 94kg, it was just after the last weeks weigh in. They also had the test results from my blood, covering the last 3 months. Please note this period includes both Christmas and New Year. During the festive period, I behalved like a non diabetic, eating whatever I wanted. Mince pies, chocolate, the works...Oh and my favorite...Crisps.
 
So with that background and the fact that one part of my normal medication (piglitazone) was no longer been taken, I expected the worse. However my blood sugar was 6.4 a great average all things considered. Colesterol which most people think would be high, on a high fat diet was normal at 3.0. All other blood measurement were normal. My blood pressure, which has always been good, was also normal. BRILLIANT!
 
So why has my weight shot up and then shot down again? Simple answer is I don't know. I don't care either the whole point is that it is still heading in the right direction. I was over the moon with my blood sugar level, I aim to get it lower, but considering the reduction in my oral medication I don't think my goal of 4.3 is attainable. That doesn't mean I'm not going to get there, it was my goal, and it remains my intention.
 
If you are reading this please take heart. If you want something bad enough, you will get it. I hope to look back on this blog in another 10 weeks time and be amazed at the journey. I can see myself at 85kg with my blood sugar levels around 5.0. Still with a bit to go to get to my ultimate goal of 79kg and 4.3, but well on the way.
 
If you want to come with me, you are most welcome. But please tick the follow box, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment