Saturday 8 January 2011

Dynamite Diet

Dynamite Diet - What it is and the Results

In 2009 my type 2 diabetes was getting out of control. A self confessed chocoholic, I didn't want to inject insulin, so I turned to the internet to see what I could do to reverse my worsening medical condition and improve my overall health. I came acroos a study carried out in Scandinavia, I think it was Sweden? They took a large group of diabetics and put them on two different diets, one was low fat, the other was low carb. The results were that the group on low card diets lowered their blood sugar levels - some to the point where they were no longer considered diabetic! To me this was what I was after, you maybe more interested in the other side effect - loss of weight!

From March 2009 until October 2009 I lost just over 3 stone! I started at over 100kg's and went down to nearly 75kgs. Im 6 foot tall and 100kgs is considered obiese. So thats my results, but I hit a problem. I went on an all inclusive holiday to Dominican Republic and in two weeks put on nearly 2 stone! But boy did I enjoy it!

Now in 2011 with my wedding fast approaching and frankly fed up of carb loaded meals, I am back on the track. I thought this blog, which I intend to update weekly, would provide me with encouragement to stay on the healthy track and hopefully encourage, diabetic and non diabatic slimmers to do the same.

So what is the diet?

You may have heard of Atkins - well this is similar, but I don't believe in spening money on pre packaged snacks or meals or shakes, I just eat low carb foods. I aim for less than 10grams of carbs a day. I do not eat potatoes, pasta, bread or rice. Think of things that are normally bad for you and you can eat them on this diet. Go for high fat things like chesse, cream, butter, bacon, ham, eggs - you can also have chicken and fish like Tuna. More diet details will follow or if like me youre impatient, I would love an email and may be able to offer advice by phone, or facebook.

Where am I now?

Last Suday 2nd January, when I started my healthy eating I stepped on the bathroom scales and weighed myself at 96.4kg. I prefer kgs as I know, I can visualise pounds and stones and prefer to concentrate on the numbers. Do keep a record of your weight - on a weekly basis - and measure at the same time of day.

I will post more results as time goes on, and for the diabetics I will include my blood sugar results too.

dunkcal@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment