Sunday 16 January 2011

End of week 2 results

Here are the results from this mornings weigh in!

Weight 92.5kg a loss of 1kg or 2.2lbs

Blood sugar level 6.8 which is an improvement of 0.4 from last week.

I want this diet blog to be open and honest and I am dissappointed with this weeks results. But when I think about it the results are great considering what I have been eating. I have had a couple of stir frys this week one chicken and a beef one. I had a kebab last night and I have also had a steak and my favourite Gammon and eggs. For desert I have been munching on Atkins chocolate bars. I think if I substitute these for strawberries I will be better off, so thats the plan for this week. Whilst the burning of calories seem to happen faster on a low carb diet, they still need to be burnt off. Therefore a 200 calorie bar every day will almost certainly not help the cause - as lovely as they are!

The one result I am proud of is my blood sugar level. A "normal" person will have a reading between 4 and 6 and diabetics are higher. So for me as a diabetic to have a morning (mornings are the highest) of 6.8 is definately heading in the right direction. The low carb way of eating was chosen by me, because it does reduce the peaks and troughs of a higher carb diet.

If your blood sugar gets low, thats when the cravings start. Your body screams out for more sugar, so in goes another chocolate bar or a sugary drink. Carbs are very addictive, I ve never taken drugs and dont smoke, but giving up carbs was the hardest thing Ive had to do. When I have come off the diet I have found that even if I have a small amount of carbs, my body wants more and more. My advice if you want to lose weight and keep it off - stick to a low carb or low GI diet.

There was a program of Channel 4 this week about Atkins called "Fats or Fiction", you might be able to get it on catch up TV. In California all the celebrities are shunning carbs. Where 10 years ago they were low fat and found this didnt work, they are all switching to low carb. Such is the effect that most restaurants dont serve bread and potatoes!

I hope that if you are following this diet that you are getting great results. Remember that if you need any help or advice contact me at dunkcal@yahoo.com

I have several business websites related to photography the main one being: http://www.portrait-wedding-photographers.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment